PE and Sports Premium Grant
PE and Sport Premium Grant
How is it used?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport.
This means that school should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Further information on the PE and Sports Premium Grant can be found at: