We are developing an immersive topic-based approach to deliver our curriculum. Immersive learning stimulates all of the senses and ensures that in every single task pupils are engaged and have a purpose. This teaching method aims to support pupils to gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge. Where appropriate links can be made we combine subjects throughout the topic. Topics are changed on a half-termly/termly basis.
You'll find below the Parents Leaflets and Curriculum Maps that we send home to parents. We do this to share with parents the types of activities that we're getting up to in school and enable parents to continue learning with their children at home too.
If you'd like anymore information about what is taught and how we do it please talk to your child's class teacher or speak to Mrs Cleary about it via the school office.
- Year 3 Curriculum Map Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 3 Parents Leaflet Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 4 Curriculum Map Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 4 Parents Leaflet Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 5 Curriculum Map Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 5 Parents Leaflet Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 6 Curriculum Map Autumn 2018.pdf
- Year 6 Parents Leaflet Autumn 2018.pdf